Sunday, February 26, 2006

UGH

We have an auction at G's school every year. As 1/2 of the room parent of her class, I am partly responsible for gathering one game from every family in her class, which will then be put in a basket with all the other games and then it will be sold at the auction. Most classrooms collect the stuff in a box or plastic bin. I had yet another one of my brilliant idea (rolls eyes) and I decided to glue game boards and game pieces to a box. I thought it would be cool and different, and I THOUGHT it would be fun. Between finding the pieces at various Goodwills, and glueing everything on, this stinkin' thing took me at least 40 hours to make. I'm not kidding. It turned out stupid, and it's a little over the top, and I'm embarassed to bring it to school tomorrow.

Below are some pictures. It took two bottles of Elmers Glue, and 3 bottles of Mod Podge. It's so heavy that I decided it needed to be on wheels. A special thank you to Lise for screwing the wheels on the boards for me! Now if you'll excuse me, I have a bit more Mod Podge to put on.

No comments: