Thursday, February 09, 2006

Darn it! I tried to post pictures on me test driving the iBOT, but it didn't work. Grrrrr!

So anyway, on Tuesday I got to test drive the iBOT. The iBOT is a wheelchair that can go up and down stairs, through sand, and can raise the person so that they are eye level to a standing adult. I was able to take it up and down some stairs all by myself, and that was super cool. Maybe the coolest part though was when I was up balancing on two wheels instead of 4, and for the first time in my entire life, I was looking at a standing adult eye to eye. That was... bizarre. Bizarre in a good way. Bizarre in a great way.

Anyway, if I were given an iBOT, I would be thrilled. But, at $26,000, I am going to wait a bit. I was not impressed with how the chair looked. I thought it was ugly, as well as made out of cheap materials. For that much money, I expect them to use titanium, not plastic! And I want the design to be more sporty, or sleek, not so clunky.

My hope is that they will improve the looks of it over the next few years, and the price will go down as well. I don't want to buy a Ford now, and then 2 years later have a BMW available at a lower price, you know?

I'm highly impressed with what it does. I'm excited for what I'm hoping will come out in the near future.

I'll try to post the pictures again. I look stupid with a dumb hat I'm wearing, but I'm trying to grow out my bangs and at the awkward stage they are at right now, I had to cover them.

1 comment:

Ron the ex-husband said...

Why you gotta dis Ford?
When our office pool wins the next Powerball Super Duper Jackpot, I will buy you one... or two!