Friday, December 09, 2005

C is for cookie, and cookie starts with C

It's been very chilly here recently, and so I bought a new warm coat yesterday. I was happy with it, being warm and purple. When I tried to take it off today, I discovered that I couldn't get the zipper down. I started to panic of course, because you know, it's hard to breathe when you know you can't get your coat off. I couldn't get it unstuck and so I had to make the decision of cutting the coat off, or trying to get it off my head. Although it was zipped up to my neck, I thought that trying to get it off my head would be a less traumatic experience than cutting off my brand new purple coat. I was sadly wrong. I became stuck inside my coat. I couldn't get it off, or even back on. Panicing again, because now I was dying from suffocation, I fell, my face hit the floor, and I knocked out my two front teeth. Gus apparently thought it was all a big game, and luckily was able to yank the coat off as I lie bleeding and suffocating on the floor.

I started to think that I was having a crappy day, but then I remembered I had cookies. Just when I thought everything was going to be okay, I remembered that the cookies were store bought cookies, from Bi-Mart nonetheless, and kinda gross.

Now I'm craving homemade Christmas cookies. Since my parents are in Arizona for the winter, my only hope for cookies is if my mom sent me some in the mail. I got an email from her the other day saying she sent a package, and I'm hoping there are cookies in that package. If there are only presents, I'm going to have to open at least one of them early, because it will be the only thing to make me feel better.

I can usually count on my neighbors across the street to drop by with cookies, but after that garbage can incident the other day, I doubt they will even wish me a Merry Christmas.

You may be thinking, "Why doesn't she make her own cookies?". Well, I can't. Although I've never tried to make them, I'm certain my melting moments would turn out more like petrified cat poop, and frankly, I don't want to break any more teeth.

This might be my first Christmas ever without Christmas cookies. Mommy, did you send me some? Julie, will you bring me some? Somebody help me please!

Shannon

Note: The above statements are true, except for the part about suffocating. Although it was difficult to breathe, I wasn't REALLY about to die from suffocating. Oh, and the part about falling on the floor isn't exactly true either. And, I didn't knock out my teeth. Gus didn't really think it was a game either. He only cocked his head a little when I initially found out I was stuck and I screamed. And um, the garbage can thing didn't happen.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I already ate my xmas cookies.

:(

~Julie

Shannon said...

That's okay. You can make more.

Shannon said...

Okay, this is weird. I'm wearing a hat and a scarf right now, because I'm cold, and I put the scarf up over my cold nose and my scarf smells exactly like melting moments. I swear it does! Wow, that's so weird.

Anonymous said...

My housecoat smells like cat shampoo. I asked Dexter if he used my housecoat to towel off after he took a bath but he just ignored me. Typical.

~Julie

Shannon said...

My cats have bad manners too.

Anonymous said...

It's just Dexter that has bad manners in this house. Elliot is always thinking about others. He even washes his own jogging suit after he goes to the gym!

Shannon said...

Awww, what a good boy that Elliot is. He really needs to come down to Portland and teach his cousins a few things.

Willy wants to know where Elliot got his jogging suit? I don't know why he thinks he needs one because all he does is lay around all day. There's no way he'd go jogging. Pfft.

Anonymous said...

Elliot shops excusively at Macy's. I don't know where he gets the bucks though. I think he might be selling fur balls on the side.

Don't tell him that I know this but I saw him shopping in the ladies department the other day. I always wondered why his jogging suits were pink.

Shannon said...

Selling fur balls on the side? Is that legal?

Boys wear pink these days. Geez, get with it.

Anonymous said...

Boy DOGS wear pink. Boy cats usually know better.